Thanksgiving is almost here. With that being said, it’s time to start thinking about those things in our lives that we’re grateful for. You’ll find so many blessings in your life that you’ll probably forget about how grateful you are for your home’s HVAC system.
As a homeowner you depend on your HVAC system to keep your home nice and comfortable throughout the year. The system can only do this when it’s able to work efficiently. This is never more important than when the temperatures are extreme outside. In this article, we will discuss what your heating and cooling system does for you. Also, we will share some ways that you can give back to it.
How Your HVAC System Benefits You
Your HVAC system is responsible for heating and cooling your home. If you’ve ever experienced a power outage or had your HVAC system malfunction, you know what it’s like to go without it. No one considers that an enjoyable experience. In fact, quite the opposite. Don’t take it for granted until that time arrives. This Thanksgiving, feel grateful how it regulates your indoor climate, keeping you warm or cool depending on the temperature outside.
Indoor Air Quality
Besides regulating your home’s temperature, your heating and cooling system also cleans the air inside your home. The air filters you place inside of them cleans the dust, dirt, and allergens out of the air. In doing so, it helps keep you from developing respiratory issues.
As your heating and cooling system works hard for you, it’s important you make sure it does so efficiently. Failure to do so will result in higher energy costs. Keeping the costs in check here is a matter of scheduling regular tune-ups by one of your local heating and air conditioning companies and changing the air filter. When you do these things, you’ll find that running your HVAC system doesn’t cost you much in comparison to what it gives you in return. This is especially true today since most of these systems are “green,” which means they carry the Energy Star rating. You’ll find that this isn’t only good for your pocketbook, but it’s also good for the environment as well.
Showing You’re Grateful For Your HVAC System
As you show the people around you how grateful you are for them this Thanksgiving season, make sure you do the same for your home’s HVAC system. When you think about how hard it works all year-long, making sure you and your family are comfortable and healthy, these things are a small cost to pay.
The following procedures don’t only help your HVAC system run better, but they also help it run more efficiently. You can do these steps and reduce your heating and cooling costs. These procedures also improve the air quality in your home. They include:
- Change the filter: This is something you should do every month unless you have a dog or a cat, then you need to change it more often. A good rule of thumb is to check it monthly and replace it when it is dirty.
- Keep your outdoor unit clean: You can hose it down with water when it is turned off. This removes any debris that’s there. Trim any branches near the unit and make sure 2 feet surrounding the unit is kept clear.
- Clean your vents and check your ducts: While cleaning your vents, make sure there aren’t any leaks in your ducts. If you find any, it’s important you have them sealed up right away.
- Keep a clean house: Keep your house clean because it promotes energy-efficient operation.
- Maintain your system: Schedule a tune-up with a professional. Schedule one in the fall for your heater and one in the spring for your air conditioner. Heating and air conditioning contractors will be able to help you achieve a higher level of comfort at the fraction of the cost.
HVAC Contractor Westbrook CT
These steps are like giving your HVAC system a spa treatment. They’re a great way of showing it that you’re grateful for all it’s hard work throughout the year. It’s also a way of improving its efficiency and your indoor air quality as well. It’s a win-win situation!
When looking for heating and cooling contractors near me, be sure to contact Wilcox Energy. Our certified and trusted contractors will be able to help you achieve an improved level of efficiency and comfort. All of our contractors are NATE certified, which is the highest level of training in the industry. You can trust us to get the job done well, the first time around. Be sure to call our office today to schedule an appointment.
Some of the areas we service include: Centerbrook, Clinton, Essex, Westbrook and these zip codes: 06409, 06413, 06426, 06498 as well as all surrounding areas in Middlesex County, Connecticut.
For more information about heating and cooling systems, such as tune-ups, repairs, or installations, contact Wilcox Energy. You can contact us at (860) 399-6218. We offer a full line of affordable and trusted HVAC services.