- May 15, 2017
Your Regular Energy Tune-Ups
Keeping your system running optimally.
Tuning-up your heating system will give you peace of mind, knowing that it will run well throughout the heating season.
At Wilcox Energy, our top priority is to ensure that your heating system is operating safely at maximum efficiency levels. Regular maintenance allows our professional technicians to make sure that your heating system is working efficiently. A heating system working at its highest efficiency conserves energy and helps the environment.
Saving Money on Energy Bills
By reducing the amount of fuel your heating system uses to heat your home comfortably, you’ll be saving money as well! Regular service minimizes breakdowns and helps avoid surprise calls.
Having your system tune-up every season ensures that you burn less home heating oil, which, of course, is better for the environment. Heating oil is a great option for the environment, even more so if it is properly installed and adjusted. And now with Bioheat burning cleaner, it is better than every for the environment!
Bioheat is revolutionizing the way we heat your home. Since Bioheat is a more modern, reliable, and renewable choice, your heating system will run cleaner and more efficiently – minimizing the chance for untimely breakdowns.
Here is a checklist of what we do when we perform our regular maintenance:
- Clean all burner parts including the air fan and housing, ignition electrodes, and burner head
- Check the flue pipe and chimney flue to be sure it’s clear and in good condition
- Replace fuel and air filters and bleed all the air from the fuel system
- Replace the oil nozzle
- Use combustion test equipment to measure efficiency
- Adjust the burner for high efficiency
- Record final combustion efficiency for tuned system
- Start and Stop the burner several times to ensure satisfactory operations
- Thoroughly inspect the oil tank using ultrasonic testing as part of our Tanksure program
- Vacuum clean all heating surfaces